|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval and post medieval objects and coins|
Metal detecting here in 1994 recovered a number of medieval and post medieval objects. Finds included post medieval coins, book clasps and double-looped buckle frames along with three medieval coins.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 22 20|
|Parish:||STRATTON STRAWLESS, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
April/May 1994. Metal detector finds.
Two medieval and one post medieval coins. Source .
One medieval, two post medieval coins, one post medieval jetton. Source .
See lists in file. Identified by J. Davies (NCM).
Two 16th century book clasps, one with large ring-and-dot, flaring end and three rivets (one for spring) and one with punched flower motif formed of seven dots and two rivet holes.
Two 17th century double-looped buckles frames, one half surviving and with pin, other tinned or silvered, and with much iron staining.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 3 October 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BOOK FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...