|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval and post medieval metal finds|
Metal-detecting in 1994 and 2013 recovered medieval and post-medieval coins; a post-medieval jetton and medieval and post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a medieval buckle and cloth seal and a post-medieval cloth seal.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 97 13|
|Parish:||SCARNING, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
July 1994. Metal detecting.
Edward IV half groat (1464-70), Henry II penny (1154-89).
Four lead cloth seals.
D. Gurney (NLA), 25 July 1994.
November-December 2003. Metal detecting.
Medieval copper alloy buckle frame, rectangular, with three lobed knops on outside edge, slight knop at both ends of narrowed bar for strap, pin missing, slightly distorted, 16 by 30mm. Compare with Whitehead (2003) 30, Number 166. 13th to 14th century.
S. Ashley (NLA) 13 January 2004.
August 2013. Metal-detecting.
1 medieval coin.
1 post-medieval coin.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 2 December 2013.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (14th Century - 1302 AD to 1335 AD)
- FINDSPOT (17th Century - 1649 AD to 1660 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CLOTH SEAL (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (14th Century - 1302 AD to 1335 AD)
- CLOTH SEAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1649 AD to 1660 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...