|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint implements and multi period pottery sherds (Hargham 65)|
Fieldwalking at this location in 1994 retrieved prehistoric flint implements and a knife blade. Numerous pottery sherds were found including some belonging to Roman amphorae.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 0278 9050|
|Parish:||QUIDENHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1994. Fieldwalking finds.
Iron Age, Roman (including amphorae), medieval sherds.
See full details and plans (S1) in file. The discovery of this site is noted in (S2).
E. Rose (NLA) 2 September 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to 19th Century - 1000000 BC to 1900 AD)
- KNIFE (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- AMPHORA (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.J.. 1993. Hargham fieldwalking. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1995. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1994. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt II pp 230-239. p 236. |
Related records - none
Find out more...