|Type of record:||Monument|
This is the site of a medieval house, built on the edge of the common. The remains of a medieval fireplace have been found inside the present house, and a medieval coin, a jetton, a purse frame and a buckle plate have been found on the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 8183 2793|
|Parish:||WEST RUDHAM, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1988. Found and previously reported to KLM.
Medieval coin, medieval jetton, purse frame.
Identified by E. B. Green (NCM)
Owner reports finding of base of large fireplace during renovation work in about 1988. This was partly of brick. Some bricks rebuilt into modern fireplace, they are medieval.
Site and curtilage presumably a common edge settlement site.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 20 May 1994.
After 1994. In garden of Meadow Cottage.
Medieval buckle plate with one rivet. Engraved on one face between pecked lines 'AVEMR AVIA, second word upside down'. Bungled version of Ave Maria.
A. Rogerson (NLA) 27 June 1994.
- HOUSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOFT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BRICK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PURSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- TOKEN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- PURSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...