|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Prehistoric pot boilers and multi-period pottery from Skippers field|
Prehistoric pot boilers and fragments of pottery dating from the Late Saxon to the post medieval periods found during fieldwalking. Metal-detecting in 2011 recovered a medieval buckle and bar mount.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 06 99|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
19 October 1993. Fieldwalking finds.
Late Saxon to medieval sherds.
Pot boiler site.
See full lists and plans in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 28 March 1994.
October-November 2011. Metal-detecting.
Medieval buckle & harness mount.
See lists in file.
S. Ashley (HES), 12 January 2012.
- BURNT MOUND (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- QUERN (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS MOUNT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (13th Century to 16th Century - 1270 AD to 1510 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 1994. Results of Fieldwalking around Morley Research Centre (Manor Farm). |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...