|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds from Little Gymballs field|
In 1993 and 1994 fieldwalking recovered prehistoric worked flints and Roman and medieval pottery sherds, while metal-detecting in 2010 and 2014 recovered a prehistoric flint flake, medieval pottery sherds, a fragment of Late Bronze Age socketed axe and a Late Iron Age/Roman toggle of dumb-bell form.
|Grid Reference:||TM 05 99|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
2 March 1993. Fieldwalking finds.
Flints, Roman to medieval sherds.
See full lists and plans in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 28 March 1994.
20 May 1994.
Further finds of medieval sherds and flints.
Details in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 12 September 1994.
October-November 2010. Metal-detecting.
Prehistoric flint flake, fragment of Late Bronze Age socketed axe (S1) and medieval sherds.
See list and annotated AP in file.
S. Ashley (HES), 16 December 2010.
December 2013-January 2014. Metal-detecting. .
Late Iron Age/Roman toggle of dumb-bell form.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 April 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to Medieval - 500000 BC to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Late Iron Age to Roman - 100 BC to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLAKE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- SOCKETED AXEHEAD (Late Bronze Age - 1000 BC to 701 BC)
- TOGGLE (Late Iron Age to Roman - 100 BC to 100 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I & RS. Digital finds image. |
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 1994. Results of Fieldwalking around Morley Research Centre (Manor Farm). |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Gibbons, J.. 2010. Drawing of a Late Bronze Age copper alloy socketed axe fragment.. Film. 1:1. |
Related records - none
Find out more...