|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval pewter spoon, medieval and post medieval objects|
Metal detecting in 1993 and 1994 recovered a number of medieval and post medieval objects, including an early post medieval pewter spoon, from the bank of the River Yate.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 26 08|
|Parish:||TROWSE WITH NEWTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1993. Metal detector find.
Pewter early post medieval 16th century spoon with knop terminal.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM), September 1993.
Compiled by W. Milligan (NCM), 12 October 1993.
1994. Metal detector finds on bank of River Yare.
Two Nuremberg jettons and Norwich farthing token.
See list in file.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM), 7 July 1994.
13th century gilded bronze buckle. Pair of leaf scrolls.
14th century strap end buckle.
Polaroid in file (S1).
Post medieval lead weight - weight 6.73gm.
Compiled by W. Milligan (NCM), 15 July 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- SPOON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- WEIGHT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Photograph: NCC Find Identification and Recording Service. c. 1975-2000. HES Find Polaroid Collection. HES Find Polaroid Collection. polaroid. black and white. |
Related records - none
Find out more...