|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic arrowheads, scrapers, core, fabricator and axehead fragment|
It is recorded that between 1937 and 1950 a number of Neolithic tools, including leaf and transverse arrowheads, scrapers, and an axehead fragment, were recovered from this area.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 772 884|
|Parish:||WEETING WITH BROOMHILL, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1937-1950. All marked 'Field opposite Weeting Row Fengate'.
Core fragment, leaf arrowhead, chisel arrowhead, oblique arrowhead, another fragmentary, another unfinished, nine scrapers, flaked axe, two retouched pieces.
1940-1947. Marked 'Opposite Park Cottage Fengate'.
Heavy missile head and scraper.
1940-1948. Marked 'Opposite Parkside Fengate'.
Core, chisel arrowhead, triangular arrowhead, three scrapers.
1936-1949. Marked 'Opposite Game Hut Fengate'.
Two leaf arrowheads, barbed and tanged arrowhead, retouched piece, fabricator.
According to F. Healy's Wissey Embayment gazetteer these are all the same field; however the field called 'Near Game Hut' she puts some way away at site NHER 30172.
All finds are in the NCM .
E. Rose (NAU), 1 December 1993.
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic to Beaker - 4000 BC to 1700 BC)
- ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- CORE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FABRICATOR (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FLAKED AXEHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- LEAF ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- TRANSVERSE ARROWHEAD (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- BARBED AND TANGED ARROWHEAD (Beaker - 2300 BC to 1700 BC)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...