|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi period metal objects|
Metal detecting here in 1993 and 1995 recovered part of an Early Saxon cruciform brooch, an Iron Age coin of the Iceni tribe and an incomplete Roman finger ring.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||Not displayed|
|Parish:||SAXLINGHAM NETHERGATE, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
August 1993. Found with metal detector. 
Early Saxon cruciform brooch head plate.
Identified by S.Margeson (NCM). Polaroid taken by NCM.
J. Davies (NCM) 30 September 1993.
Iceni coin. See list in file.
Roman ringer ring, hoop missing, shoulders flattened and expanding towards bezel. Raised blue glass intaglio which carries an impression of a bird, ?eagle.
Identified by J. Davies (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA) 9 June 1995.
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- COIN (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINGER RING (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- BROOCH (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...