|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval buckles, Roman to post medieval pottery sherds|
Metal detecting in 1991 and 1993 recovered a Romano-British brooch and two medieval buckle parts. A number of pottery sherds from the Roman, Saxon, medieval and post medieval periods were also recovered in 2000.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 24 06|
|Parish:||TROWSE WITH NEWTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1991. Metal detector find.
Enamelled flat, plain edged disc brooch, 2nd century.
Polaroid addorsed in S. M.M. 's hand:
Trowse, White Horse Lane, S bypass, red enamel in roundels, green in centre and green around roundels, 15/7/91 
1993. Metal detector finds. Vague findspot under new bypass at White House Lane.
Medieval buckle plate (four rivet holes and central sheet rivet).
Medieval stirrup-shaped buckle with projecting knob opposite pin bar.
Polaroid in file (S1).
Compiled by S. Margeson (NCM), 13 September 1993.
February 2000. Stray find. 
Roman, Saxon, medieval and post medieval pottery sherds (15).
Compiled by K. Hinds (NLA), 5 June 2000.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Saxon - 410 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Saxon - 410 AD to 1065 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...