|Type of record:||Find Spot|
Prehistoric flints, fragments of Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery and post medieval clay pipes found during fieldwalking.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 0558 9904|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Spring 1993. Fieldwalking finds.
Roman, medieval, post medieval sherds.
For further details see report (S1) and detailed lists and site plans in file. The results of this survey are also noted in (S2).
E. Rose (NLA) 17 August 1993.
- FINDSPOT (Lower Palaeolithic to 19th Century - 1000000 BC to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 1994. Results of Fieldwalking around Morley Research Centre (Manor Farm). |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1994. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1993. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt I pp 115-123. pp 118-119. |
Related records - none
Find out more...