|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period finds from Hobarts Close field|
Prehistoric flints and fragments of Roman, medieval and post-medieval pottery found during fieldwalking. Metal-detecting in 2010 recovered a late prehistoric retouched flake and a fragment of post-medieval crotal bell.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 06 00|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
19 April 1993. Fieldwalking finds.
Roman, medieval, post medieval sherds.
See detailed lists and site plans in file.
E. Rose (NLA) 17 August 1993.
October-November 2010. Metal-detecting.
Prehistoric flint flake and post-medieval crotal bell.
See list and annotated aerial photograph in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 17 December 2010.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- RETOUCHED FLAKE (Late Prehistoric - 4000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- WEIGHT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1200 AD to 1700 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1490 AD to 1500 AD)
- CROTAL (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1994. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1993. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt I pp 115-123. pp 118-119. |
|---||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 1994. Results of Fieldwalking around Morley Research Centre (Manor Farm). |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...