|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period pottery finds from Meggs Land field|
Fragments of Roman, medieval and post-medieval pottery found during fieldwalking in 1993. Metal-detecting in 2010 recovered a post-medieval harness or belt mount.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 05 99|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Spring 1993. Fieldwalking finds.
Roman, medieval, post-medieval sherds.
For further details see report (S1) and detailed lists and site plans in file. The results of this survey are also noted in (S2).
E. Rose (NLA), 17 August 1993.
Post-medieval harness or belt mount.
See descriptions in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 15 November 2010.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS MOUNT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Unpublished Document: Davison, A.. 1994. Results of Fieldwalking around Morley Research Centre (Manor Farm). |
|<S2>||Article in Serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1994. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1993. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt I pp 115-123. pp 118-119. |
Related records - none
Find out more...