|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi-period pottery finds from Meggs Land field|
Fragments of Roman, medieval and post-medieval pottery found during fieldwalking in 1993. Metal-detecting in 2010 recovered a post-medieval harness or belt mount.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 05 99|
|Parish:||MORLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Spring 1993. Fieldwalking finds.
Roman, medieval, post-medieval sherds.
See detailed lists and site plans in file.
E. Rose (NLA), 17 August 1993.
Post-medieval harness or belt mount.
See descriptions in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 15 November 2010.
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS MOUNT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Map: Finder's Map.. |
|---||Article in serial: Gurney, D. (ed.). 1994. Excavations and Surveys in Norfolk 1993. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XLII Pt I pp 115-123. pp 118-119. |
|---||Unpublished document: Davison, A.. 1994. Results of Fieldwalking around Morley Research Centre (Manor Farm). |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
Related records - none
Find out more...