|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||Site of deserted medieval settlement of Flockthorpe|
This is the possible site of the deserted medieval settlement of Flockthorpe. The earthworks on the site have now been destroyed. A glass bottle and an enamelled copper alloy lid have been found on the site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 043 039|
|Parish:||HARDINGHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
'MED' on map.
Ordnance Survey suggest as site of Flockthorpe.
R.R. Clarke (NCM)
Enamelled copper alloy lid.
Top of glass bottle.
P. Wade-Martins (NAU)
- DESERTED SETTLEMENT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- EARTHWORK (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BOTTLE (Undated)
- UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Archive: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TG 00 SW (M). |
|---||Archive: Clarke, R. R. and NCM Staff. 1933-1973. Norwich Castle Museum Record Card - Medieval. Hardingham. |
|<S1>||Article in serial: Allison, K. J. 1955. The Lost Villages of Norfolk. Norfolk Archaeology. Vol XXXI pp 116-162. p 161. |
Related records - none
Find out more...