Record Details

NHER Number:29182
Type of record:Building
Name:The Mount


This building was a former lodge to Buckenham Tofts Farm. It dates to around 1810 and has a flint exterior with brick detailing. The windows are all Gothick in style and set in ogee frames. The door, which was originally central, has been swapped with the right-hand window.

Images - none


Grid Reference:TL 8243 9432
Map Sheet:TL89SW

Full description

Cottage dating to around 1810. Flint with brick detailing. Three bays, two storeys. Windows all Gothick set in ogee frames. Door originally central, now swapped with right hand window.
E. Rose (NLA) 28 September 1992.

This is in fact a lodge for Buckenham Tofts Park.
E. Rose (NLA) 16 March 1994.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1810 AD to 2100 AD)
  • LODGE (19th Century to 21st Century - 1810 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status


Sources - none

Related records

30497Part of: Buckenham Tofts Park (Monument)

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service