|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||World War Two defensive structures|
Aerial photography in March 1946 recorded soilmarks indicating the locations of various World War Two defences including a gun emplacement, searchlight battery, barracks and circular emplacement.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 7441 9593|
|Parish:||NORTHWOLD, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
30 March 1946. RAF air photography.
Soilmarks show the site of
1) gun emplacement at TL 7448 9585 (one circle).
2) searchlight battery at TL 7440 9586 (three adjacent circles).
3) barracks at TL 7440 9600 (disturbed area adjacent road).
4) circular emplacement (function unknown) at TL 7442 9579.
Location/functions confirmed by source.
They both remember installations clearly.
D. Edwards (NLA) 11 February 1992.
- BARRACKS (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- GUN EMPLACEMENT (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
- SEARCHLIGHT BATTERY (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: TL 79/H. |
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TL 79 NW 30. |
Related records - none
Find out more...