|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint artefacts|
Fieldworking took place in 1988 in advance of gravel quarrying. Prehistoric flint flakes, a prehistoric flint scraper and a piece of post medieval pottery were recovered.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 920 172|
|Parish:||BEESTON WITH BITTERING, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
|MILEHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1991. Fieldwalking in advance of gravel pit.
4 flint flakes, 1 scraper.
Post medieval sherd.
E. Rose (NLA), 20 February 1992.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- SCRAPER (TOOL) (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: NAU. 1991. Tarmac Gravel Extraction Proposal - Fieldwalking Results.. |
Related records - none
Find out more...