|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman and medieval finds|
A Roman brooch, Roman pottery, a medieval strap fitting and medieval pottery found during metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 06 37|
|Parish:||HOLT, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1991. Several metal detecting finds.
Hod Hill brooch, side knobs at base of fluted bow. Moulded leg. Pin and catchplate missing. Worn. Mid 1st century.
Lovely medieval bronze quatrefoil mount with dome-headed central rivet, each arm with trefoil terminal.
7 Roman greyware sherds
1 groggy coarseware, probably Roman
1 glazed Grimston ware.
Information from .
Identified by A. Rogerson (NLA), D. Gurney (NLA), S. Margeson (NCM).
A. Rogerson (NLA), 30 September 1991
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BROOCH (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...