|Type of record:||Monument|
|Name:||World War Two spigot mortar gun emplacement|
This is the site of a common 1940 spigot mortar gun emplacement, situated south of the churchyard. A site visit in 1996 recorded that the emplacement was intact.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TF 5970 1399|
|Parish:||WIGGENHALL ST GERMANS, WEST NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Mortar Spigot. South of churchyard
E. Rose (NAU), 23 September 1991
See record form in file by source , who adds:
Common 1940 spigot mortar gun emplacement situated south of churchyard.
Survey No. I1-4 (S1).
D. Walker (NLA), July 1996.
- SPIGOT MORTAR EMPLACEMENT (World War Two - 1939 AD to 1945 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Unpublished document: Norfolk Defensive Structures Survey record form. |
Related records - none
Find out more...