|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Medieval and post medieval finds|
A medieval buckle, part of a medieval horse harness, a post medieval signet ring and two post medieval tokens found during metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 06 03|
|Parish:||KIMBERLEY, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
5 September 1990. Metal detecting finds.
2 Hans Krauwinckel jettons.
16th century copper alloy signet ring, oval bezel with engraved crowned 'W'.
Medieval copper alloy trefoil 'bracket' with central shaft and four suspension loops on reverse (at ends of arms and at centre) Possibly for horse harness head-dress.
Gilt copper alloy buckle plate fragment with two rivet holes, one rivet survives.
Identified by S. Margeson (NCM), September 1990
W. Milligan (NCM), 7 September 1990
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BUCKLE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- HARNESS (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINGER RING (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- TOKEN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: I&RS. Finds Polaroid. Polaroid. |
|54660||Part of: Medieval and post medieval settlement, field systems, trackways and finds (Monument)|
Find out more...