|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Roman and medieval to post-medieval finds|
Fieldwalking between 1990 and 1991 recovered a number of Roman, medieval and post-medieval pottery sherds, as well as a Roman bronze key handle with pelta-shaped openwork decoration and the remains of an iron stem in the socket. Metal-detecting between 2010 and 2016 recovered medieval and post-medieval coins; post-medieval jettons and medieval to post-medieval metal objects. The metal finds include a medieval buckle and casket key; a medieval/post-medieval spur rowel and a post-medieval buckle.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 07 08|
|Parish:||RUNHALL, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1990 to 1991. Fieldwalking. General spread of pottery.
Three Roman greyware.
Two Oxfordshire red-slip, including largish base sherd.
One medieval unglazed, one glazed Grimston.
One oxidised Roman or late medieval transitional.
One unidentified sandy sherd.
Roman bronze key handle found. Pelta-shaped openwork decoration and remains of iron stem in socket. .
A. Rogerson (NLA), 19 March 1991.
December 2010-January 2011. Metal-detecting.
4 medieval and 1 post-medieval coin, and 2 post-medieval jettons.
See lists in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 21 February 2011.
September-October 2015. Metal-detecting. Site extended to whole field. .
1 post-medieval buckle.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 3 December 2015.
February-March 2016. Metal-detecting. .
4 medieval coins, a buckle and a casket key.
Medieval/post-medieval spur rowel.
Information from PAS import.
A. Beckham (HES), 1 May 2016.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to 19th Century - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Undated)
- KEY (LOCKING) (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- COIN (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (12th Century - 1180 AD to 1189 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1203 AD to 1216 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1210 AD to 1213 AD)
- COIN (13th Century - 1251 AD to 1272 AD)
- BUCKLE (13th Century to 14th Century - 1300 AD to 1400 AD)
- KEY (LOCKING) (13th Century to 14th Century - 1300 AD to 1400 AD)
- COIN (14th Century - 1307 AD to 1309 AD)
- ROWEL SPUR (14th Century to 17th Century - 1400 AD to 1700 AD)
- COIN (15th Century - 1460 AD to 1490 AD)
- COIN (15th Century - 1466 AD to 1466 AD)
- COIN (15th Century to 16th Century - 1490 AD to 1504 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- JETTON (16th Century to 17th Century - 1586 AD to 1635 AD)
- JETTON (17th Century to 18th Century - 1650 AD to 1750 AD)
- BUCKLE (17th Century to 18th Century - 1660 AD to 1720 AD)
- COIN (17th Century - 1690 AD to 1699 AD?)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...