|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint scrapers and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in this area recovered two prehistoric flint scrapers, a post medieval double-looped buckle and a medieval French jetton. Sherds of Roman, Saxon, medieval and post medieval pottery have also been retrieved from here.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 21 20|
|Parish:||STRATTON STRAWLESS, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
1989. Found in fieldwalking.
Two scrapers. One flake, one flake? used as borer. Identified by J. Wymer (NAU).
Medieval sherds including late medieval/Transitional base and greenglazed Grimston handle. Identified by W. Milligan (NCM).
Post medieval double looped buckle fragment incised rosette on frame, lobes at each end of bar. Identified by S. Margeson (NCM).
W. Milligan (NCM) 18 May 1990.
Found at unknown date before 1994 (date of identification).
Jetton of France, Dolphin type, 1373-1415, incomplete.
One flint flake.
One Roman sherd, one possible, one body sherd.
One Late Saxon rim sherd.
Two medieval rims, one body sherd, 1 handle.
16th century stoneware.
Identifications by J. Davies and W. Milligan (NCM) 15 March 1994.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- BUCKLE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...