|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric and Early Neolithic-Early Bronze Age flint implements, Roman and medieval pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking here in 1989 recovered a prehistoric discoidal flint core and four flakes, one Roman sherd, three medieval unglazed sherds and a piece of undated iron slag. Metal-detecting in 2011 recovered an Early Neolithic miniature part-polished flint axe or adze and flint knife and a Late Neolithic/Early Bronze Age plano-convex knife.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23 26|
|Parish:||BURGH AND TUTTINGTON, BROADLAND, NORFOLK|
1989. Found in fieldwalking with metal-detecting.
Small discoidal flint core, one blade, four flakes. Identified by J. Wymer (NAU).
One Roman? sherd.
Three medieval unglazed sherds.
Identified by W. Milligan (NCM) 21 May 1990.
W. Milligan (NCM) 21 May 1990.
Early Neolithic flint polished axe or adze and knife, Late Neolithic/Early Bronze Age plano-convex knife.
See list in file.
A. Rogerson (HES), 15 April 2011.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Neolithic - 4000 BC to 3001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- METAL WORKING DEBRIS (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- ADZE (Early Neolithic - 4000 BC to 3001 BC)
- KNIFE (Early Neolithic - 4000 BC to 3001 BC)
- POLISHED AXEHEAD (Early Neolithic - 4000 BC to 3001 BC)
- PLANO CONVEX KNIFE (Late Neolithic to Early Bronze Age - 3000 BC to 1501 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...