|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||City Station or St Crispin's Bridge|
A wrought iron bridge built in 1882 to give access to the new City Station. It has an openwork parapet and the letters 'Norwich Barnard Bishop and Barnard 1882'. The bridge was incorporated into the inner ring road with a parallel new bridge in the 1970s.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 2259 0926|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Built 1882 for access to new City Station.
Flat wrought iron arch nearly 17m (55 feet) long and 8m (26 feet) wide on lattic spandrels.
Openwork parapet. Letters 'NORWICH BARNARD BISHOP AND BARNARDS 1882'.
Incorporated into inner ring road with parallel new bridge in the 1970s.
E. Rose (NLA), 10 January 1997.
- BRIDGE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 279. |
|<S1>||Monograph: Labrun, E.A.. 1994. Civil Engineering Heritage, East and Central England.. p 117. |
|Mon 1227||Parent of: River Wensum (Monument)|
|13584||Part of: Midland and Great Northern Joint Railway (Norwich to Cromer via Holt), North Norfolk Railway (Monument)|
Find out more...