|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Human remains, St Andrew's Hall, St Andrew's Street|
Observation during drainage works in 1991 noted re-deposited human bones.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23136 08787|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
January 1991. Watching Brief.
Monitoring of drainage works by Norwich City Council.
This work revealed natural chalk, cuts for other services and a cut which contained redeposited human bone and chalk.
Observed by Jez Reeve and Irena Lentowicz (NAU) 29 January 1991.
No finds removed from site.
See site notes in file and plans (S1).
J. Bown (NAU), 26 February 1991.
- FRIARY (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
|<S1>||Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans. |
|Mon 6||Part of: Blackfriars Friary (Monument)|
|Site 2140||Part of: Blackfriars Hall (Monument)|
|Mon 156||Part of: Houses along Common Lane (Monument)|
|Mon 120||Part of: New Hall (Monument)|
|428||Part of: Second Precinct of Dominican Friary, Blackfriars, St Andrew's Hall (Monument)|
Find out more...