|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Chaplain's House, Great Hospital|
This former Chaplains House used to be two houses, and have since been converted to flats. These buildings are probably 15th century, though have been heavily remodelled in the succeeding years. Two doors of around 1530 are likely to have come from the Great Hospital (NHER 588). There is a massive two-storey 20th century extension to the rear.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23680 09065|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Former Chaplains House.
Two houses, now flats. 15th century with later additions and remodelling. Flint with brick dressings; rendered dormers; pantile roof. Three 19th century brick ridge chimneys, two storeys and attic. Ten first floor windows. Massive two-storey 20th century extension to rear.
Information from (S1).
See file NCM for further details.
- HOUSE (Medieval to Modern - 1400 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|624||Part of: Precinct of the Great Hospital (Monument)|
Find out more...