|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||Part of the former Master's House, Great Hospital|
This section of the Hospital is part of what was the Master's House, and has now been turned into offices. The oldest section is listed seperately under NHER 26021, and other sections form part of the Refectory (NHER 26088) and the Cloisters (NHER 26113).
This building dates to the 17th century and later, though this probably has an earlier core. Constructed of flint rubble with brick dressings on the ground floor, the building is of roughcast above. There is also a two-span range linking the cross wing on the Refectory to Birbeck Hall (NHER 26024)..
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23710 09053|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Part of former Master's House, now offices.
17th century and later, probably with an earlier core. Flint rubble with brick dressings on ground floor, roughcast above.
Plain tile roof; two brick end chimneys. Two-span range linking the cross wing on the refectory to Birbeck Hall.
Hall: first floor jetty. Stepped gable with kneelers to right.
Interior has two niches in ground floor passage and two-centred arch to Birbeck Hall on site of former brewhouse.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Record Card: Ordnance Survey Staff. 1933-1979?. Ordnance Survey Record Cards. TG 20 NW 118 . |
|---||Newspaper Article: Eastern Daily Press. 2010. The Norwich 12. 2 February. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1051368. |
|624||Part of: Precinct of the Great Hospital (Monument)|
Find out more...