|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||67A to C and 68 The Close.|
A 15th century two storey flint, brick and stone former organist's house with 19th century alterations and extensions, now divided into a school building and houses. Beneath is a medieval vaulted undercroft.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23447 08805|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Formerly the Organist's house, now divided into school building and houses. 15th century with 19th century alterations and extensions. Flint with brick and stone dressings. Low-pitch lead roof. Two storeys. Rear left-hand extension to number 68.
Information from (S1).
Undercroft with pointed barrel vault side chambers.
R. Smith, 1990.
See (S2) in file for further details.
- HOUSE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- UNDERCROFT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Thesis: Smith, R. 1990. An Architectural History of Norwich Buildings, c. 1200 - 1700. Unpublished Thesis. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: Carter, A.. Building Survey. |
|Mon 263||Parent of: 67A-C and 68 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 419||Parent of: 67A-C and 68 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 2712||Parent of: 68 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 1864||Parent of: 68, The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...