|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||59 The Close|
A 16th century flint and brick house with later alterations, two storeys high with two small dormer windows under a black pantile roof. Inside there is an 18th century painted panel over the main fireplace.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23587 08967|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
February 1954. Listed, Grade II.
House. 16th century with later alterations. Flint and brick with brick window dressings. Black pantile roof. Two storeys. Two widely-spaced first floor windows. Right-hand off-centre door with sunk torus moulding surround and flat hood. Two mullion and transom windows to left of door and one four-light casement to right. Sash windows with glazing bars at first floor. Box cornice. Two small dormers with sash windows. Box cornice. 18th century scene painted panel over main fireplace.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 230. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1051312. |
|Mon 260||Parent of: 59 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 416||Parent of: 59 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 1860||Parent of: 59, The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...