|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||56 The Close|
A 16th century and later three storey flint and brick house, the left part having flint, brick and stone chequer-work The off-centre door has a porch supported by turned columns.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23574 08846|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
House 16th century and later. Flint and brick to the right. Central brick quoins, flint and brick chequer work to the left.
Pantile roof. Three storeys. Four irregularly spaced second floor windows. Right-hand off-centre door with porch supported on turned columns. Simple door surround. Casement windows at ground floor with segmental arches and one sash window. Two-light casement windows at second floor and one sash window to right.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|Mon 259||Parent of: 56 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 414||Parent of: 56 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 1857||Parent of: 56, The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...