|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||47 and 48 Hook's Walk, The Close|
A pair of late 18th century three storey red brick houses with early 19th century alterations. A plaque on the rear façade reads WGT 1828.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23669 08869|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Pair of houses. 18th century. WGT on plaque at rear. Red brick and pantile roof. Central pair of panelled doors with rectangular fanlights. Fluted pilasters, plain architrave and flat hood surrounds. Sash windows throughout with glazing bars and rubbed brick flat arches. Central blind windows. Fascia-board cornice.
Information from (S1).
1981. Norwich Survey.
Pair of red brick three storey houses with identical mirror plans. Date stone in rear façade W.G.T. 1828.
T.E. Miller (NLA), 14 July 2004.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1750 AD to 2050 AD)
- DATE STONE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1828 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: Carter, A.. Building Survey. |
|Mon 254||Parent of: 47 and 48 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 410||Parent of: 47 and 48 The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...