Record Details

NHER Number:26068
Type of record:Building
Name:45 The Close

Summary

An early 19th century two storey red brick former bakery, now a shop, occupying a corner site. It has a 19th century shop front with four pilasters.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 23679 08886
Map Sheet:TG20NW
Parish:NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK

Full description

Former bakery, now shop. Early 19th century. Red brick with pantile roof. Corner site. Two storeys. Two first floor windows on each side. 19th century shop front on right-angle with four pilasters. Single sash window with glazing bars and segmental arch on east façade. Door in simple frame and casement window to right on north façade. Two sash windows and two casement windows at first floor.

Information from (S1).

Monument Types

  • (Former Type) BAKERY (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)
  • SHOP (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

<S1>Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest.

Related records

377Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)
Mon 1459Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2017 Norfolk Historic Environment Service