|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||35A, 35B and 35C The Close|
A late 17th century three storey painted brick house, now flats, with 19th century extensions to the right and rear. It has a central door with a reeded surround and corner roundels. The central window openings are blocked, that on the first floor sporting a fire insurance plaque.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23674 08853|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Former house, now flats. Late 17th century with 19th century extensions to right and rear. Painted brickwork. Plain tiles and pantiles to extensions. At right angles to street line, three storeys. Three bays. Central door with reeded surround and corner roundels. String courses at floor levels. Sash windows in earlier, smaller openings which had rubble brick segmental arches at ground and first floors. Three-light casement windows at second floor. Central window openings blocked. Simple cornice. Roof sloping to two storeys over rear extension. Fire insurance plaque on blocked first floor window opening.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- PLAQUE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1800 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|Mon 248||Parent of: 35a, 35b, & 35c The Close (Monument)|
|Site 401||Parent of: 35a, 35b, 35c The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...