|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||30 The Close|
An early 19th century two storey house in its left half, but with a two storey 16th century flint and brick right half and a 14th to 15th century arched stone doorway at the rear.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23671 08801|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Former use unknown, now house. Early 19th century incorporating 14th/15th century masonry. Flint with brick dressing. Brick. Pantile roof. L-shape plan. Two storeys. One projecting left-hand bay and two first floor windows on return. Two sash windows with glazing bars to right. Part-glazed door in corner turret with casement above. Central sash window with glazing bars in projecting bay. 14th/15th century stone doorway with two-centre arch at rear.
Two-pile roof with tumble-in brickwork to each west gable.
Information from (S1).
1981. Norwich Survey.
See (S2), which includes (S3) and photocopies of photographs of the exterior and ground floor plan.
T.E. Miller (NLA), 21 July 2004.
- HOUSE (Medieval to Modern - 1066 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: Carter, A.. Building Survey. |
|<S3>||Illustration: Unknown. Sketch plan of finds site.. Film. |
|Mon 871||Parent of: 30 The Close (Boatman's House) (Monument)|
|Site 1891||Parent of: 30 The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...