|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||29 The Close|
An early 19th century two storey brick house, built on earlier 16th or 17th century walls, with a flint and brick rear range. The street front has three window bays and a doorway to the right with fluted Doric pilasters and a panelled door.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23684 08785|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
House. Early 19th century built partly on 16th/17th century walls. Brick. Brick and flint rubble rear range. Pantile roof. Double-pile L-shape plan. Elevation to street:- two storeys, three bays. Doorway to right-hand with fluted Doric pilasters, panelled door with retangular fanlight and pediment. Sash windows throughout with glazing bars.
East side elevation has one round-headed window with Y-tracery at first floor.
19th century 'Tudor' chimney stacks. Carved and shaped barge-boards.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|Mon 244||Parent of: 29 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 397||Parent of: 29 The Close (Monument)|
|Site 1890||Parent of: 29 The Close (Monument)|
|Mon 1333||Parent of: Bargehouse (Lower Close) (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...