|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||26 The Close|
An early 19th century two storey red brick house with sash windows and a pantile roof. The central doorway, five steps up from the street, where there are footscrapers and two decorated coal-hole covers, has fluted Doric columns. Over this is a rectangular fanlight with good curving tracery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23728 08781|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
February 1954. Listed, Grade II.
House. Early 19th century. Red brick. Pantile roof. Two storeys, three bays. Central door with two attached fluted Doric columns, triglyph frieze architrave and small hood. Rectangular fanlight with good curvilinear tracery. Two storey bay window to left. Sash windows throughout with glazing bars and rubbed brick flat arches. Hipped roof. Five steps to street with cast-iron railings. Footscrapers. Two decorated coal hole covers.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 229. |
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1372763. |
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...