|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||14A The Close|
A 19th century rendered and painted brick house with a 17th century core and a pantile roof. It has a three storey rear block, an off-axis two storey front block and two single storey side blocks. The doorway is central to the two storey block, and has a panelled door and a rectangula fanlight.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23623 08744|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
House, 19th century with 17th century core.
Flint plinth with rendered and painted brickwork. Pantile roof. Three storeyed rear block. Off-axis two storeyed front block with single storey side blocks. Doorway central to two-storeyed block with bolection panelled door. Flat pilasters with fluted architrave and rectangular fanlight. Small flanking casements.
17th century casement in single-storey left block and 20th century casement in right block.
19th century mullion and transom window above central door.
19th century three-light casement left of centre in rear block.
Forward sloping monopitch roofs on single-storey blocks.
Information from (S1).
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|Mon 238||Parent of: 14A The Close (Monument)|
|Site 388||Parent of: 14A The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...