|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||7 The Close|
A late 18th century three storey red brick former house, now an office, with sash windows and a central panelled door with Tuscan pilasters under a semi-circular fanlight. It has a later right-hand extension. In the left-hand back room of the main building is a fine decorated plaster ceiling and cornice frieze.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23539 08769|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
Former house, now office. Late 18th century with later right-hand extension. Red brick and black pantiles. Three storeys, five bays. Central panelled door with semi-circular fanlight. Tuscan pilasters and open pediment. Sash windows throughout with glazing bars and rubbed brick flat arches. Modillion cornice. Double pile roof. The right hand block has two blind windows at first floor. Two mullion and transom windows at ground floor. The right hand window opening is blocked and moved to the right. Left hand back room of late 18th century block has a fine Adam ceiling and cornice frieze. Two span roof.
Information from (S1).
Proposal to create new doorway, take down partition wall and refurbish the interior.
See (S2) for further details
H. White (NLA), 28 January 2009
- HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1750 AD to 2050 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Graphic material: Various. Various. Architectural plans.. |
|---||Unpublished document: Listed Building Consent. |
|---||Secondary File: Secondary file. |
|<S1>||Scheduling record: English Heritage. List of Buildings of Historical and Architectural Interest. |
|<S2>||Unpublished document: Martin & Acock Chartered Accountants. 2008. Design and Access Statement, 7 The Close, Norwich. |
|Mon 1296||Parent of: 7-8 The Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...