|Type of record:||Building|
|Name:||1 The Close|
This single-storey red brick building dates to the early 19th century. It has three blind windows in its parapet and an off-centre door with a square fanlight. It is listed Grade II*.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23399 08750|
|Parish:||NORWICH, NORWICH, NORFOLK|
No 1 The Close.
1954. Listed Grade II*.
Former use unknown, now office. Early 19th century. Red brick. Roof not visible. Single storey. Three blind windows in parapet. Right-hand, off-centre door with square fanlight. Two sash windows with glazing bars and flat rubbed brick arches. Small sash windows at extreme right.
Information from (S1).
Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 13 December 2017.
- HOUSE (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Associated Finds - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1051333. |
|Mon 1331||Part of: Almery, Upper Close (Monument)|
|377||Part of: Cathedral Close (cathedral precinct) (Monument)|
|Mon 1459||Part of: Cathedral Precinct (Monument)|
Find out more...