|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Multi - period metal finds|
Metal detecting in 1990 recovered a Late Saxon brooch, a medieval strap fitting, and a medieval or post medieval candle snuffer.
Images - none
September 1990. Metal detecting. Bronze 15th to 16th century candle snuffer. Borre style 10th century bronze disc brooch. Polaroid (S1) NAU.
Medieval unusual belt-fitting; ring buckle decorated with engraved lines on which swivels a rectangular loop with moulded side knobs. Gilded.
Length 60 mm, ring diameter internally 21 mm. Polaroid (S1) NAU. Identified by D. Gurney (NAU) and S. Margeson (NCM).
D. Gurney (NAU), 8 October 1990.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- BROOCH (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- CANDLE HOLDER (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- STRAP FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CANDLE HOLDER (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Photograph: POL 17-19. |
Related records - none
Find out more...