|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic flint scraper, medieval pottery sherds and post medieval coins|
Metal detecting and fieldwalking here in 1989 recovered a Neolithic flint scraper, medieval pottery sherds and three coins of Elizabeth I.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 37 25|
|Parish:||STALHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1989. Found in fieldwalking and with metal detector.
Four flint flakes.
Neolithic bifacial scraper or hollow scraper. Identifications by J. Wymer (NAU) 1989.
Medieval sherds, including Raeren stoneware sherd and two 'odd' sherds.
Two Elizabeth I sixpences, one of 1583. Identifed by S. Margeson (NCM).
Information from finder.
W. Milligan (NCM) 6 November 1989.
1989. Neolithic flints.
Elizabeth I groat.
Identifications by J. Davies (NCM) 31 March 1995. See list in file.
W. Milligan (NCM) 10 April 1995.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- COIN (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...