|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Late Saxon and medieval finds|
A Late Saxon openwork mount and a medieval eagle head, possibly from a handle, found during metal detecting.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 20 94|
|Parish:||LONG STRATTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
January 1990. Found with metal detecting.
Medieval? Copper alloy eagle head on flat 'shaft' - handle? Broken off at end.
10th century openwork mount, Winchester style inhabited vine. Very worn and broken.
To be photographed.
A. Rogerson (NAU) 8 February 1990.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FIGURINE (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FURNITURE FITTING (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...