|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Worked flints and medieval to post-medieval pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in 1989 recovered a prehistoric flint flake; a possible post-medieval flint strike-a-light and Late Saxon, medieval and medieval/post-medieval pottery sherds.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TG 23 39|
|Parish:||NORTHREPPS, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
1989. Found whilst fieldwalking.
Flint flake and notched flint flake, identified as possible strike-a-light.
J. Wymer (NAU), 9 August 1989.
Thetford-type ware rim sherds, lots of early medieval sherds, medieval sherds including greenglazed Grimston and late medieval/Transitional ware, and one possibly French sherd (black and red inclusions - pale cream/buff ware and yellow/green sparse glaze).
W. Milligan (NCM), 10 August 1989.
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- FLAKE (Prehistoric - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Medieval to Post Medieval - 1066 AD to 1900 AD)
- STRIKE A LIGHT? (Post Medieval - 1540 AD? to 1900 AD?)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Photograph: NLA. Finds Photograph. |
Related records - none
Find out more...