Record Details

NHER Number:25397
Type of record:Building
Name:Bizewell, Trimingham Road

Summary

This flint and brick 19th century house was probably built around an earlier timber framed building. The house was built across the parish boundary. On the front of the building are three reset terracotta panels of mythical beasts.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 2679 3908
Map Sheet:TG23NE
Parish:SIDESTRAND, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK
TRIMINGHAM, NORTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

February 1988. Listed, Grade II.
Listing Description:
House built across parish boundary. Flint and brick but probably once timber framed. Three bays, two storeys to facade, all openings 19th or 20th century. Between floors, three reset terracotta panels of mythical beasts. Right hand gable return and corner with 17th century bricks. Two gable stacks of gault bricks. Left hand gable wall has plinth and platband; right hand gable with blocked attic light. To rear, large right hand gable return has blocked stair light. Rendered five light blocked mullion and transom window with ovolo moulding in rear wall.
Information from (S1).
E. Rose (NAU), 8 August 1988.

Monument Types

  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)
  • TIMBER FRAMED HOUSE (Post Medieval to 21st Century - 1540 AD to 2100 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Illustration: Various. Various. Architectural plans.
---Monograph: Pevsner, N. and Wilson, B. 1997. Norfolk 1: Norwich and North-East. The Buildings of England. 2nd Edition. p 665.
---Unpublished Document: Yardley, C. J. 2011. The Mun Valley: Historic landscape Assessment and Landscape Character Assessment for Norfolk Coast Project. p 12.
---Secondary File: Secondary File.
<S1>Designation: English Heritage. National Heritage List for England. List Entry 1049778.

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2020 Norfolk Historic Environment Service