|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Neolithic flint knife and Roman pottery sherd|
Fieldwalking in this area during 1989, as part of the Illington Survey, recovered a prehistoric flint blade and sherd of Roman samian ware. Subsequnetly in 1991 a Neolithic discoidal flint knife was retrieved from the same site.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 937 886|
|Parish:||WRETHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1989. Fieldwalking by Illington Survey. Field 60.
Finds as listed below and in file.
One prehistoric flint blade.
One Samian ware sherd.
See file for sketch plans, contexts etc.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 1 August 1989
1991. Stray Find.
Found at Context 2:
Late Neolithic discoidal flint knife found on loamy sand.
Held by NCM.
Identified by , information and donation to musueum by .
W. Milligan (NCM) 9 August 1991.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- DISCOIDAL KNIFE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...