|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints, Roman building material and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in this area during 1989, as part of the Illington Survey, recovered sherds of Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery along with Roman building materials and prehistoric flints.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 9335 9029|
|Parish:||WRETHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
1989. Fieldwalking by Illington Survey.
Roman, medieval and post medieval pottery.
Roman building material.
See file for sketch plans, contexts, etc.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 1 August 1989.
- FINDSPOT (Unknown date)
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Undated)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- FLUE TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- ROOF TILE (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...