Record Details

NHER Number:25150
Type of record:Building
Name:Old Hall Farmhouse, formerly Hospital Farm

Summary

Old Hall Farmhouse was constructed around 1740 as a farmhouse, though the farm has since disapeared. This two storey building is constructed of colour-washed brick, and the centre is dominated by a gabled 1977 extension. There is an associated barn which is dated 1637.

Images - none

Location

Grid Reference:TG 2453 0659
Map Sheet:TG20NW
Parish:TROWSE WITH NEWTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK

Full description

Mid 16th century lobby entrance two storey house, extended and altered in 18th century and probably again in early l9th. Barn dated 1637.
See report in file (S1).
Compiled by E. Rose (NAU), 21 March 1989.

Monument Types

  • BARN (Post Medieval to Modern - 1637 AD? to 2050 AD)
  • FARMHOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1740 AD? to 2050 AD)
  • HOUSE (Post Medieval to Modern - 1740 AD? to 2050 AD)

Associated Finds - none

Protected Status

  • Listed Building

Sources and further reading

---Secondary File: Secondary file.
<S1>Unpublished document: Rose, E.. 1989. Building Report..

Related records - none

Find out more...

Norfolk County Council logo Heritage Lottery Fund logo

Powered by HBSMR-web and the HBSMR Gateway from exeGesIS SDM Ltd, and mojoPortal CMS
© 2007 - 2019 Norfolk Historic Environment Service