|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flint pot boiler, medieval and post medieval pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking here in around 1981 recovered a prehistoric flint pot boiler, a post medieval tobacco pipe and sherds of medieval and post medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TM 1780 9183|
|Parish:||WACTON, SOUTH NORFOLK, NORFOLK|
Around 1981. Fieldwalking by Wacton Field Group (NRC).
Two flint flakes.
Twenty-two medieval unglazed sherds.
One glazed Grimston?
Two medieval glazed.
Three late medieval/Trans.
Three glazed red earthenware.
One post medieval stoneware.
One tobacco pipe.
One pot boiler.
Identifications by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 1 December 1988.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT BOILER (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- CLAY PIPE (SMOKING) (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
- POT (Post Medieval - 1540 AD to 1900 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources - none
Related records - none
Find out more...