|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Prehistoric flints and multi-period pottery sherds|
Fieldwalking in this area during 1988, as part of the Illington Survey, recovered prehistoric flints along with sherds of Iron Age, Roman, Early Saxon, Late Saxon and medieval pottery.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 949 893|
|Parish:||WRETHAM, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
Spring 1988. Fieldwalking.
Notes and plan in file.
Thirteen gritty probable Iron Age sherds.
Five gritty or groggy Early Saxon sherds.
Three Roman grey ware sherds.
One Late Saxon Thetford-type sherd.
Two possible Late Saxon Thetford-type sherds.
Fifteen medieval unglazed sherds.
One medieval glazed Grimston sherd.
One medieval glazed sherd.
One prehistoric flint.
Identified by A. Rogerson (NAU).
E. Rose (NAU) 2 August 1988.
- FINDSPOT (Prehistoric - 1000000 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Early Saxon - 410 AD to 650 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- FINDSPOT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
- LITHIC IMPLEMENT (Lower Palaeolithic to Late Iron Age - 500000 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC to 42 AD)
- POT (Roman - 43 AD to 409 AD)
- POT (Early Saxon - 411 AD to 650 AD)
- POT (Late Saxon - 851 AD to 1065 AD)
- POT (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|---||Secondary File: Secondary File. |
Related records - none
Find out more...