|Type of record:||Find Spot|
|Name:||Mesolithic and Neolithic worked flints and ?Iron Age pottery|
Fieldwalking in 1988 recovered Mesolithic blades, a Neolithic flint fabricator and a flake and a fragment of pottery that was probably Iron Age.
Images - none
|Grid Reference:||TL 7902 9451|
|Parish:||CRANWICH, BRECKLAND, NORFOLK|
April 1988. Fieldwalking.
3 Mesolithic flint blades.
1 Neolithic fabricator and flake.
1 ?Iron Age pottery sherd ( J. Wymer (NAU) suggests Neolithic but A. Gregory (NCM) says Iron Age).
These discoveries were reported in (S1) and the finds were subsequently donated to the Norwich Castle Museum (NWHCM : 19188.8.131.52).
W. Milligan (NCM) 13 April 1988. Amended by P. Watkins (HES), 7 August 2014.
- FINDSPOT (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FINDSPOT (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
- BLADE (Mesolithic - 10000 BC to 4001 BC)
- FABRICATOR (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- FLAKE (Neolithic - 4000 BC to 2351 BC)
- POT (Iron Age - 800 BC? to 42 AD?)
Protected Status - none
Sources and further reading
|<S1>||Article in Serial: 1989. Archaeological Discoveries for 1988. CBA Group VI Bulletin. No 34 pp 32-61. p 35. |
Related records - none
Find out more...